L-Tyrosine is a non-essential amino that can be synthesized from the essential amino acid phenylalanine; an amino acid found in foods that contain protein. Tyrosine is essential for several important biochemical/physiological functions related to thyroid, brain and skin health. Our tyrosine is free form and includes the synergistic benefits of vitamin B6.
• Provides 500 mg L-tyrosine per Capsule.
• Includes vitamin B6 which is required for tyrosine synthesis.
• Tyrosine is required for the synthesis of neurotransmitters dopamine, epinephrine and norepinephrine, all of play a significant role in normal, healthy nervous system function.*
• The body uses tyrosine to synthesize thyroid hormones. Thyroid hormones are made up mostly of tyrosine with iodine molecules attached to it. Thyroid hormones help control the body’s metabolic processes.*
• Tyrosine serves as a precursor to the skin, eye and hair pigment melanin. Melanocytes convert tyrosine into melanin.*
• PKU (phenylketonuria) is a genetic disorder where phenylalanine cannot be metabolized, causing it to build up. This typically causes damage to the central nervous system. In these individuals tyrosine becomes a conditionally-essential amino acid which needs to be consumed in the diet.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration.. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.