Zinc is an essential mineral that plays a major role in growth, reproduction, antioxidant defenses and healthy immune function. Zinc is a critical nutrient for the immune system. The normal, healthy development of immune cells, particularly T-lymphocytes depends upon adequate zinc status. Zinc deficiency has been shown to reduce the physical size of the thymus gland; it is here where T cells mature to become fully functional mature T-lymphocytes. These cells are critical for a healthy immune response. Provided as a lozenge, zinc gluconate has been shown to reduce the severity and duration of the common cold, as well as reduce antibiotic use in school-age children with a cold.*
• Provides 15 mg of zinc citrate and gluconate per lozenge.
• Contains slippery elm and propolis to sooth the throat.
• Pleasant taste from natural lemon flavor and sorbitol.
• Helps support normal, healthy immune function.*
• Provides antioxidant support which is essential to immune function.*
• Studies show a reduction in the severity and duration of the common cold.*
• Studies also show that prophylactic (preventive) use may reduce the number of colds per year, as well as reduce antibiotic usage.*
• Slipper elm is a mucilaginous herb that provides soothing support for the mucus lining of the throat and esophagus, both of which may become irritated during a cold/infection.*
Warning: Do not exceed 4 lozenges per day or take high amounts (4 or more) for more than 10-14 days as excess zinc may cause a copper deficiency. Taking a multivitamin with copper or a copper supplement containing at least 1-2 mg/day can help reduce this risk
*These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.